Thursday, April 12, 2007

April Update #2

The middle of the month is approaching, and this contest seems a bit out of reach unless one of two of us get on a complete heater. The top 2 teams have played a sick amount of games that with my school schedule will not agree with. I'd love to win this but the structure does not set up for my situation, if there were one based on first 20 tournys played, I would have more of a chance. Hell is has been profitable, and has kept me focused in these where with the current BR i have i wouldn't be as focused.

Yesterday was a good day overall with a 5th place in a 4.40 and a 17th out of 2100 in the $10 15k guaranteed 3k starting chips. I might have played my best poker ever last night except for when it hit the final 3 tables where i became a total nit. I am going to review my HH video on Xfactor today and figure out where i had spots to reshove or open shove. BCM told me that the more i get deep in these, the more comfortable i will be. I totally agree with that, and I havent played many freezeouts lately, and haven't gotten deep at all. So with more deep finishes, the better my results will be IMO.

A little off topic here: While I was sitting in my personal financial planning class yesterday, we were talking about different kinds of banks and what not, and I thought to myself "How much interest is PokerStars gaining with the offshore bank accounts they hold with all the players bankrolls?" I never really thought that not only with the rake they charge, but the holdings of bankrolls they are generating income as well. If they are holding an average of $50 million (just a guess) and getting a 5% interest on the account they are making $2.5 million per year. Its just sick.

April $4.40 stats:
Cashes: 6
Top 5's: 5
Wins: 0

Oh and word of advice, DO NOT play a final table with your knowitall dad over your shoulder who is not a poker player. It was kind of funny to hear what he was telling me which is prob what most of the 4.40 players are thinking. But it was definitely a distraction and might have cost me a win, of which i got 2nd on a A7 < K6.

No comments: