Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Who ever said bad about Party Poker

As a few of you might know, a few months ago i qualified for the first round of supposidly the largest online poker tournament in history known as the "Monster" on Party Poker. In August I played in the round 2 weekly 100k, i placed high enough to qualifify and made $80 out of it. The next step was the monthly Million $ quallifier. However with the past legislation, Party Poker got the fuck out of dodge (that you worm) of the US market. Now i would think that my entry to this million dollar tournament is lost because of our favorite republican. But today while bored in a meeting, I decided to check the status of the tourny to find that i was entitled to $350 for the entry fee that i was unable to use! I am thrilled at this but am kind of bummed because the first price was 125k and 1 out of 8 was entered into the current 14 MILLION DOLLAR price pool. I'll take it.

Besides that, it was a slow day on stars. I played 4 tournys ($4 180 (2) and two $5) played decent but ran into a few cold decks along with not trusting my gut. My goal in the next 7 days is to take down a $4 180 tourny along with keeping my play solid in preparition for vegas.

Unfortunately, after reading through the issues with the Carribian Qualifiers, I cannot even try to qualify since I will not be able to play in the tourament due to OU's quarter schedule. It would have been fun to try for this but would end up hurting my bank roll at the bad time. I will have much more time for a quality poker day tomorrow.

Including the Party Poker +339

No comments: